High Sierra Appalachian 75 Internal Frame Pack Review
The High Sierra Appalachian 75 offers plenty of room, especially if you have bulkier sleeping bags and pads. It comes with a built in rain-fly, is constructed well and offers many storage options due to its many pockets.
- Top load main compartment with gusseted drawstring closure
- 75-liter (4,600-cubic-inch) pack
- 5.8 pounds unloaded
- Adjustable top lid
- Rainfly is stored in a bottom pocket
- Single contoured aluminum frame bar can be adjusted to fit the shape of your back
- Molded foam back panel with Airflow channels to keep your back cool and dry
- A removable media pocket for an MP3 player, camera on the shoulder harness.
- Very durable material and good quality zippers that hold well together under pressure.
- Good location for water bladder.
- Good size sleeping bag compartment.
- Straps are adjustable
- The bag isn’t lightweight, 5.8 pounds unloaded.
“I am a 6 foot 130 pound male, so obviously very thin, and even though the waist straps barely cinched down on my thin waist, I made them work and still be able to take the load off. Whenever my freshman 30 hits is the day I will no longer complain about being too skinnt. Very comfortable bag overall, great room everywhere, right amount of straps outside to hook things, sweet rain cover. Not much to not like for $90!“
“Just took my new pack on a 5 day excursion through the Great Smoky Mountains, this bag was perfect. Held my 0 degree military sleeping bag plus bivy sack no problem in the storage compartment. Plenty of outer pockets and the middle entry opening is a great feature. The rain cover works great and was definitely put to the test on this trip.
Very comfortable to carry and easily adjusts to fit however you need. My buddy was jealous of my new pack. All in all this is a great bag, high quality, very well made with a lot of attention put into details. You can tell this is made by hikers and campers for hikers and campers. Don’t waste your money on more expensive bags, this one is perfect!“
The High Sierra Appalachian 75 has been reviewed by 82 customers on Amazon and has been given a impressive customer score of 4.4 out of 5.0. Click here to read more verified customer reviews on Amazon.
Ultimately High Sierra products offer great value and good durability; you really can’t go wrong!
Users also read our review about the High Sierra Classic Series 59401 Backpack.