High Sierra Classic Series 59401 Sentinel 65 Internal Frame Pack Review
The High Sierra Classic Series 59401 Sentinel 65 Internal Frame Pack is a backpack designed for day expeditions or long-term adventures. With plenty of gear space and load support, this backpack will definitely fit all of your equipment and more.
- It has a 65-liter capacity
- It is designed with Ergo-Fit shoulder harness made with Vapes mesh Airflow, high-density foam padding and adjustable load-lifters
- It features dual contoured aluminum frame bars and an adjustable sternum strap for stability and adjustability
- It features a molded foam back panel with Airflow channels and a waist belt with Vapel mesh Airflow and high-density foam padding
- It comes with a front-load sleeping bag, hinged front pockets, a removable media pocket, an internal reservoir sleeve and dual mesh pockets for water bottles.
- It is designed with adjustable side and bottom compression straps, gusseted drawstring closure and adjustable top lid for security purposes
- It comes with a tuck-away rain cover
A practical buy, the High Sierra Classic Series 59401 Sentinel 65 Internal Frame Pack comes with great features that allow you to take it with you in your backpacking expeditions, but also as a baggage when flying.
One of the greatest things about this backpack is its internal frame suspension. Your shoulders will be comfortable thanks to the Ergo-Fit shoulder harness made with Vapel mesh Airflow and high-density foam padding. Moreover, it comes with adjustable load-lifters. For extra comfort, the dual contoured aluminum frame bars of the backpack can be adjusted to fit the shape of you make. To add, thanks to the adjustable sternum strap the backpack is stabilized.
In order to keep your back dry and prevent it from heating, this 65-liter capacity backpack features a molded foam back panel with Airflow channels and a waist belt that comes with Vapel mesh Airflow and high-density foam padding.Another great thing about this backpack are its compartments. Thus, you get a front-load sleeping bag with divider, hinged front pockets that can hold ropes, a removable media pocket and an internal hydration reservoir sleeve with dual exit ports for the tube where you can fit your favorite reservoir. To add, you can attach 1000-milliliter water bottles to your hydration system thanks to the dual mesh pockets that hold the bottles.
Last, but not least, the backpack is also designed to keep your load secure. For this purpose, you can use the adjustable side and bottom compression straps, the gusseted drawstring closure and the adjustable top lid and also the tuck-away rain cover, stored in a bottom pocket, when weather requires it.
- The backpack has great features like the molded foam back panel with Airflow channel and the multiple compartments.
- The zippers used on this bag do not snag, and the drawstrings and tensioners seem quite strong as well.
- When the 59401 Sentinel is adjusted correctly the bag is very comfortable.
- The sleeping bag compartment having a removable divider allows for more space if needed.
- Comes with A the built in rain fly.
- It is very well made and has enough compartments for everything with, easy access, and loads of outside straps.
Some users would like a larger front pocket to store there camera and cell phones.
Thanks to its great features, this backpack has earned many positive reviews from its users. They are pleased with the quality design and the comfort of the item.
“I chose this back pack because of the price and the reviews. I havent used it yet but im really happy with everything about it so far. Lots of room and very comfortable fit. Im 5 ll and 225 pounds. And it fits me perfect with lots of adjustment and a built in rain cover. I cant wait to try it out.”
Bob Howard, Amazon Customer Review
“This is my first pack ever, but I REALLY loved it. It had everything I could have needed me, and it served me well for a 6-day adventure through the Paria Canyon. My only very minor complaint is that the plastic clip broke off that holds the excess waist strap from hanging down. Other than that, it was wonderful quality and I get the feeling it will last me for decades.”
Tim Meesseman, Amazon Customer Review
“I bought this bag for my 6’3 boyfriend. I’m pretty sure it would work on my 5’6 frame too, but I haven’t adjusted it downwards. Either way, we’ve been abroad with it and it works great. I tend to keep my travel packs for 8+ years so my expectations for quality and durability are quite high, and thus far I have no complaints.”
LZ, Amazon Customer Review
The High Sierra Classic Series 59401 Sentinel 65 has been reviewed by 89 customers on Amazon and has been given a impressive customer score of 4.4 out of 5.0. Click here to read more verified customer reviews on Amazon.
To sum up, the High Sierra Classic Series 59401 Sentinel 65 Internal Frame Pack is a great backpack for those who require a lot of space and comfort when going backpacking and that is why I highly recommend it.
Users also read our review about the High Sierra Appalachian 75 Backpack.