High Sierra Long Trail 90 Internal Frame Pack Review
The High Sierra Long Trail 90 is a backpack that has a big load capacity in order to help you fit all the necessary equipment that you backpacking expeditions require. Thanks to the Long Trail 90 great features and affordable price, this pack is one of backpackers’ favorites.
- It has a 90-liter capacity
- It features dual contoured aluminum frame bars to fit the shape of your back
- It is designed with an Ergo-Fit shoulder harness with adjustable load-lifters, constructed with Vapel mesh and Airflow and high-density foam padding
- It features a molded foam back panel with Airflow channels to keep your back cool and dry
- It is designed with a top-load main compartment with gusseted drawstring closure and adjustable top lid
- It features a drop-bottom sleeping compartment with divider
There’s no wonder why the High Sierra Long Trail 90 is a practical buy. With its comfortable design, great features and light weight you can be sure that your backpacking load will be kept safe and compact, while you will be able to carry it without too much effort.
One of the greatest things about this backpack is the fact that it features dual contoured aluminum frame bars. Thus you can easily fit the backpack to the shape of your back in order to carry the load with ease. To add, the backpack is designed with an Ergo-Fit shoulder harness with adjustable load-lifters that is constructed with Vapel mesh and Airflow and high-density foam padding for optimum load support.
Another great thing about the design of this backpack is the fact that is comes with molded foam back panel with Airflow channels. This means that your back will be kept cool and dry during your entire backpacking expeditions.
Having a 90-liter capacity, this backpack features a large top-load main compartment with gusseted drawstring closure and adjustable top lid. Thus, you can easily fit your entire load in it and secure it afterwards. Moreover, the item features a drop-bottom sleeping compartment with divider where you can easily store your sleeping bag.
- The backpack has great features like the Ergo-Fit shoulder harness with adjustable load-lifters and the molded foam back panel with Airflow channels.
- The back cushion and waist were very comfortable.
- The built in rain fly is great for keeping your stuff dry.
- The strap system is smart and the way it comes up and around the back of the neck, provides that extra weight distribution.
- The Long Trail 90 is perfect for multiple day hikes.
- It is water resistant but not totally waterproof.
- It is both comfortable and durable.
There were some who complained that the buckles of the pack could have been stronger.
Thanks to its great features and design, the High Sierra Long Trail 90 has earned many positive reviews from its customers. They are pleased with how comfortable the backpack is. Some even comment on its load capacity.
“Backpack is very lightweight and comfortable and holds everything you could ever need for long hikes, it has a large center compartment and lots of smaller outside pockets for quick access to essential items, has lots of straps to strap things to it it has a great sleeping bag compartment separate from the center compartment, it has a rain cover and so far it seems to be very durable.”
JDW, Amazon Customer Review
“The backpack materials and the straps are awesome, I think is not waterproof at all, but the included bag can bring some cover under the rain. The interior size is enough for carry cookware, clothing, a 3 person tent (nemo or sierra designs), a packseat, some food, sleeping bag, even sleeping pad (you can store a pug there). Great for people above 6 ft tall (+-1.80m). Very comfortable and adjustable. The only ugly items are the buckles , it looks like you can’t force them too much.”
Ricardo, Amazon Customer Review
“Both this one for me and the 75L for my wife! We both love these bags not only are they comfortable but they have so much room I need to buy more stuff just to fill it! As for the price they are in he same class as the expensive $250-$300 bags, well made and over all an awesome buy!!!!”
Philippe Premerl, Amazon Customer Review
The High Sierra Long Trail 90 has been reviewed by 95 customers on Amazon and has been given a impressive customer score of 4.5 out of 5.0. Click here for more verified customer reviews on Amazon.
All in all, the High Sierra Long Trail 90 Suspension Pack is a great backpack for those who hate to leave things behind. With a generous top-load compartment, I highly recommend this backpack to anyone looking for an item that is comfortable and can store all the things that you need during your backpacking expeditions.
Users also read our review about the TETON Sports Explorer 4000 Internal Frame Backpack.